Guyatt Park playground, St Lucia
Wednesday, 3 September 2014
As your local Councillor, I am writing to inform you that as a part of Lord Mayor Graham Quirk’s 2014/15 budget, I have successfully secured funding for the upgrade of the Guyatt Park playground.
The upgrade will involve the replacement of the current, out of date, playground equipment with a wide range of new play equipment and climbing frames along with freestanding exercise equipment. The new playground and exercise equipment have been designed to ensure children and adults are encouraged to utilise our parks for both enjoyment and to keep active.
- This work is part of a comprehensive package for the Walter Taylor Ward, including:
$1.5million allocated for road resurfacing in our local suburbs;
- Over a million dollars in local footpath and park upgrades;
- $55,000 in direct grants to our local community groups;
- Completion of the Legacy Way Tunnel which is designed to reduce congestion on Moggill Road by up to 18%; and
- More safety improvements around local schools including Ironside State School, St Lucia and Holy Family School, Indooroopilly.
The new playground equipment will be installed this financial year and is a part of my ongoing commitment to improve facilities in our suburbs and ensuring that the Walter Taylor Ward continues to be a great place to live. To view the plans of the new equipment, please visit my website at www.juliansimmonds.com.au.
Please do not hesitate to contact me (07) 3407 0005 if I can be of any assistance on this or any other Council issue.